The Calm Before the Storm

on Friday, January 23, 2009

So I (Bryce) start school on Monday. I am going to Sacramento State University to get my Master of Art in Special Education. California is requiring me to go back and get 18 credits more to clear my teaching credential, so I decided to take a few more classes and get my masters. While I am glad I will soon (2 years, if that is soon) have my masters, I am really not excited about going back to school. Work has been going good. I have had a few problems with another teacher, but overall it has been smooth sailing. Life overall has been good. We went to Oregon last week to visit some friends and see my counsin who is currently in prison. It was a good weekend and relaxing. It seems everything is going well. I am feeling pretty confident with life right now. That's what scares me. I am sure once I start my program (I am taking 12 credits this semester at the advice of my advisor), things are going to get tough. Teaching right now is tiring enough and I can only imagine how tired I will be once I am in Sacramento two nights a week. So with some positive thinking, I am getting ready for school. I never thought I would be back in college so soon!

1 comments:

Chelsea said...

good luck with school. I was thinking about doing something similar (working full-time/school) but I'm not sure if I can handle it.

it's nice to have an update!